One Picture A Day For A Year

Join me for a glimpse of life from my perspective...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year and welcome!

I am so excited about this new year! I have no idea what is in store, but I am anticipating fullness of joy and life. I have settled into new surroundings that are soaking me in stability and love. I am thankful to God, my family and friends that this new season is here.

I am about to embark on several new creative projects this year, and Project 365 is one of them , where I will be posting one photo a day that I have taken. I have enjoyed photography in the past on purely a passing-hobby kind of level. I really have no intentions of ever becoming a professional unless someone actually wanted to pay me for my work, by all means I would not refuse the money!:) I really love art and creative sparks within me have not ever really been fanned. I have been encouraged much lately by my husband and friends to let the creative embers burn a bit. I will be doing this photography project (which I plan to choose one per month to attempt to paint), composing songs, and writing my book Dream Walkers. I have realized that there is much in me, but I have lacked stability, discipline and encouragement. Now that there has been stability and encouragement(OK i know we must encourage ourselves as well, but sometimes you just need the close ones around you to speak it)... now my part is the discipline. :) Pray for me as I delegate days and times to these creative endeavors. Gina'Rie

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog, and welcome to the blog universe! I'll look forward to it. Please check out mine, too. I'm hoping to brush up on my photography for the new year - looking into a few web courses. Anyhow, welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land! I am looking forward to seeing your creations this year :-)

    Kimberly
    http://yeptheyareallmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and what wonderful goals for the new year. It's all too easy to let your artistic side lay fallow. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete